Menu Close

U.S. Premiere of “Mr. Holmes”

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ScarletSherlock ScarletSherlock 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

Chat’s TLDR Note:  “Mr. Holmes” has its US premiere on Saturday, April 25 at the San Francisco International Film Festival. People in California, plea
    [See the full post at: U.S. Premiere of “Mr. Holmes”]

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

aww crap I double posted. DUUUUUUUH. I merged the topics!

I’ll just c/p what I said: oh man I hope this is Oscar-worthy. I want Sherlock Holmes to win an Oscar. And Sir Ian is WAY overdue.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
      Le Chat Noir

Well, I sincerely LOVED Gods and Monsters, so I’m ready to bet serious money on the McKellen/Condon combo. I’d like to also think that the Academy is ready to properly reward Sir Ian. If anyone is prepared to bring Sherlock Holmes a nekkid gold man, it’s Gandalf Lehnsherr.

(Sorry! Did we post the same thing at the same time? I guess that’s going to happen every so often. :/ )

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

I just bought it on Blu-Ray! I love that film, even beyond the James Whale/Frankenstein connection, which is very important to me, because it’s an AMAZING, well-made movie. I have mad hope! He got robbed for that. Of course Gandalf didn’t have a potter’s chance in hell at an Oscar because they hate sci-fi, but he might get it for this. As many times as Sherlock Holmes has been portrayed on film it’s bound to happen some time!

(yeah, oops! it was easy to combine the topics & edit, though!)

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar