AitB Forums The Unofficial Force The Tankerville Club – Cincinnati, OH Scion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ScarletSherlock ScarletSherlock 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

The Speckled Band
    Participant

Friday night I attended my first meeting of The Tankerville Club in Cincinnati. They hold their meetings a local restaurant and we just introduced ourselves and chatted during dinner. Afterward we were given a quiz on The Three Gables (the story we were to read) followed by a discussion. Dan Andriacco was present so I did know at least one person there. I was the youngest in attendance but I did find out that another woman there is the sister of someone I went to high school with. Paul Leverton is the gentleman who runs this Scion. I look forward to attending their next meeting in June. Maybe this time I’ll remember to read the story. LOL!

Roylott: You scoundrel, sir. I've heard of you before! You are Holmes the meddler, Holmes the busybody, Holmes the Scotland Yard Jack-in-office!

Holmes: [short burst of laughter] Your conversation really is most entertaining. If you would close the door, on your way out, as there is a decided draught.

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

Sweet! Excellent that you went and excellent that you enjoyed yourself.

How many people were in attendance (do you think)? Did you think there was a good spread of gender/sex (if not age)?

Did anyone bring up any interesting points about the story? I generally enjoy all of the HV scion dinners, but I really love when people get up and give talks on things I’m not familiar with. I think it was for “Solitary Cyclist:” a guy got up and had a whole presentation about the DeBeers diamond mining outfit. He’d actually worked for DeBeers, so he gave us history but also a first-hand perspective of the industry. I was completely fascinated. And not just because I wanted to get my dirty hands on some sparklies. 😀

How often does the group meet?

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

The Speckled Band
    Participant

I believe there were about 20 people in attendance and mostly were older in age (45-65 maybe), mostly men. Apparently this is one of the group’s least favorite stories so there wasn’t too much discussion except general points. It also seems they meet every four months or so. I believe at one point they met more often but the Mr. Leverton recently suffered a stroke.

Roylott: You scoundrel, sir. I've heard of you before! You are Holmes the meddler, Holmes the busybody, Holmes the Scotland Yard Jack-in-office!

Holmes: [short burst of laughter] Your conversation really is most entertaining. If you would close the door, on your way out, as there is a decided draught.

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

ooh let me know when the date is. I was so mad I couldn’t come. Damn dog.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.