Menu Close

‘The Seven Per Cent Solution’ to become comic book

Art in the Blood Forums General Discussion Sussex Downs Comics and Graphic Novels ‘The Seven Per Cent Solution’ to become comic book

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir

Apparently, reps from IDW (a significant comic book publisher) just announced at Wondercon that the company would be publishing a comic book adaptatio
      [See the full post at: ‘The Seven Per Cent Solution’ to become comic book]

ScarletSherlockScarletSherlock

FLIPPING OUT at this. I love this book and film. I wonder what Nicholas Meyer’s input is? I hope at least a little.

Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir

If we are to believe Rich at Bleeding Cool and his hideous “article,” Meyer is going to be helping at least with the adaptation. In that sort-of-press-release, it reads, “‘I’m delighted to help translate my novel, The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, for a new audience in a new venue and hope the results will justify the effort!’ said Meyer.” If this isn’t wholly fabricated, Meyer is 1) happy and 2) intimately involved.

There’s art on that page, but I don’t know if it’s concept art or actually from the work. If it is from the finished product, I don’t know why they would say who the artist is.

I really hope it isn’t the official art, because I don’t like it. Yes, I’m judge-y and biased. But I’m not going to through the whole project on the pyre over one (possible) page. I’m not a savage!

I really wondered because of how crappy that article is. Hopefully we find out more at SDCC or something!

Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir

I really hope so. I want to be excited about this!
        Right now, I’m just a little depressed that Bleeding Cool doesn’t have higher standards because really?

Right? Some of these comic sites are incredibly lax in the actual journalism content. Yeesh.

Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir

I despair over most online media sources on a daily … nay, minute-by-minute basis. I cry hot, bloody journalism tears.

Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir

According to IDW’s solicitation lists for August (as reported by Comic Related), the first issue of “The Seven-Per-Cent Solution” is slated to publish
      [See the full post at: ‘Sherlock Holmes: The Seven-Per-Cent Solution’ #1 (of 5) Arrives in August]

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.