Menu Close

The Great Mouse Detective merch! (question, not sale)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ScarletSherlock ScarletSherlock 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

Hey guys our fearless leader Le Chat Noir is currently painting Disney World red. She asked an employee about merchandise for The Great Mouse Detective and they (and this is a direct quote) “looked at me like I was a [redacted] loon!”

Does anyone out there have any cute stuff with Basil, Dawson, Toby, Olivia, even Rattigan or Fidget? Or FELICIA? Anything! This is not soliciting a sale, I’d just like to see pictures of your collection, if you have it! I know it exists, but I don’t believe I have ever run across anything myself, except the DVDs and the original Basil of Baker Street books by Eve Titus. I see that you can buy a few things online, so if anyone does have anything I’d love to see pictures.

I was about 5 when the movie came out and apparently I really failed at asking my parents for any fun toys or merch. GMD was one of the first movies I ever saw in a movie theater.

My dearest desire is to have this poster! If anyone knows where I can get it please yell.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

Yes, I can confirm, the guy in Disney World did indeed look at me like a [redacted] loon.
    Then I went to Epcot, and wandered over (super casually) into the UK section, and found … NOTHING. Not one thing. I found BBC Sherlock swag — I even found a 1 Direction t-shirt (and oh, was I beyond peeved), but no lil Basil and Dawson.
    So I asked a very, very darling British gal named Jen, WTF? She had just come to work at Disney, and had JUST watched “The Great Mouse Detective.” Here was her awesome response to me:

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
      ScarletSherlock

aww crud, “this video is private”

That’s a fricking travesty, though! WRONG WRONG WRONG.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
        Le Chat Noir

Son of a hoo ha, I set it to Public, and then promptly forgot to change the settings. *head/laptop* Try again, please please? It should work now.

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
          ScarletSherlock

aaaaaaaaah omg she is presh. What a darling! Go Jen!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar