AitB Forums Covent Garden Animation Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherbethed 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Sherbethed
    Participant

So… it’s cheesy, it’s corny, it’s hammy, it’s very late ’90s… but it’s still SO much fun. Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century was apparently created to introduce kids to the Sherlock Holmes stories and encourage them to read the originals. And the concept of bringing Sherlock Holmes back to life to fight (spoiler alert) a clone Moriarty is a GREAT concept that ought to be revisited in the future—maybe in live-action?
    Anyway, the characters are still great, and there’s definitely some character development. It’s subtle, aside from one blatant development, but it’s there. And Holmes… I love his characterization. It’s really more like Christopher Plummer in Murder by Decree than any other Holmes I know. He’s an old man in a young man’s body ( <3 ), and I think it shows.

You brought me back for more than my sparkling wit and good looks.
    —Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

Violet Hunter
    Participant

I love SH22!! I somehow missed it as a kid though, and only watched it after I was a Holmes fan. Some seriously strange science in it though (preserved in HONEY?!). I thought that robo!Watson was especially tragic. I feel like Holmes would actually be pretty upset by this. Also, horay for female (actually capable) Lestrade.

"Data, data, data!"

Sherbethed
    Participant

Yeah, I missed it as a kid, too. Yeah, the robo!Watson arc was a good arc that should have lasted a bit longer, with some stronger reactions from Holmes.
    Ahhhhhh, Beth, my queen. Even Moriarty acknowledges her capability, which is pretty big coming from him. She gets a little too worked up at times (I do have to wonder at the decisions behind that? sometimes she sounds angry for absolutely no reason at all?), but I still love her to death.

You brought me back for more than my sparkling wit and good looks.
    —Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.