Menu Close

Other Conan Doyle Works Available to Download for Free

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Cionaudha Cionaudha 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Cionaudha
    Cionaudha
    Participant

Project Gutenberg is a web repository of public domain works, and has many offerings by Arthur Conan Doyle. In addition to the Canon, there is The White Company, The Coming of the Fairies, Songs of the Road, the Professor Challenger stories, and many more for your Kindle (or other device) or to read online. There is no charge.

Happy exploring!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Cionaudha Cionaudha.
    ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

Project Gutenberg was made for us all by the gods. Indispensable resource. Read all the Conan Doyle stories if you never have!

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

Cion,

First, HAYYAY!
    Second, I have a question: How good are these downloads for Kindle? I don’t think I’ve ever downloaded anything from PG to my Kindle before, but I know there are some sketchy issues with weird conversions and errors. I’m all over free, so I probably will just because, but it chaps my hide when there are wonky things afoot in my digital media.

ETA: Lawd, I’m typing like a two-year-old today. I apologize to the English language.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Le Chat Noir Le Chat Noir.

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

Cionaudha
    Cionaudha
    Participant

Your Chatliness, I’m afraid I don’t know how good they are: I don’t have a Kindle or tablet. If you decide to be brave, will you let us know how it goes?

Le Chat Noir
      Le Chat Noir

Sure will! I actually paid for the canon (twice, but that’s a long, stupid story), and I don’t think there’s much crud there. That was Amazon, though, but they were only $.99, so I was afraid I was going to get some stories about “Shellacked Homes and Gardens.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

I’m saving up to download the New Annotated Holmes on kindle. It’s about $20, but someone showed it to me at the symposium this weekend and oh my god, is it worth it. You can bring up the annotations and all sorts of neat stuff.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
      Le Chat Noir

Is that Klinger’s annotated Holmes? Or a new annotated Holmes? $20 is a lot of bucks for a Kindle book, but if it’s new, I could easily be persuaded to lay down sweet coin.

Cionaudha
      Cionaudha
      Participant

“Shellacked Homes and Gardens” :mrgreen:

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

It’s Klinger’s. It is very pricey but oh man it’s cool. Sometime when I’ve got extra cash, maybe.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar