Menu Close

Moriarty Superior Career Criminal; Others May Take a Seat

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Thorneycroft Huxtable 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

This is a lovely little article — I liked the way the author related the historic crimes and Moriarty to the recent Hatton Garden robbery in London.
    [See the full post at: Moriarty Superior Career Criminal; Others May Take a Seat]

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

This article is awesome!! Really well-written.

One thing that’s always been of interest to me, though: “There is nothing new under the sun. It has all been done before” I think Holmes was either quoting Ecclesiastes 1:9 “What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.” or Shakespeare Sonnet 59: http://www.shakespeare-online.com/sonnets/59detail.html (this is one reason why I think he fibbed to Watson about his literature knowledge)

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Great article. As soon as I finished it, I bought the biography of Adam Worth off of ebay.

Le Chat Noir
      Le Chat Noir

Oh nice! I’d love to know what you think about the biography, once you get it and read it!

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

Here’s something that just published today:

ITV: First video from inside the Hatton Garden £200m heist vault

I finished The Napoleon of Crime today and really enjoyed it. For anyone that’s interested in the biography of a master criminal, it’s worth a definite read. The author discusses at length Adam Worth’s influence on Moriarty, he also claims that Baron Gruner was based off of the master criminal, which I found to be a bit of a stretch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar