AitB Forums Alpha Public House March Madness!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ScarletSherlock ScarletSherlock 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

Anybody doing March Madness this year? I didn’t fill out a bracket but I’m hoping UK takes it all!

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

So, because I know about nothing whatsoever regarding basketball, I’m thinking, “How exactly is the United Kingdom going to come over to the colonies and take our big college basketball trophy?” And then I thought about it. And I felt pretty damn stupid.

I’m rooting for UK then. Go UK! Kill them all and take names!

(I’ll just wait for the NFL season to start. Though my Saints are making hot-n-crazy trades right now and I’m all OMG!)

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

lol sorry, KENTUCKY! I just want them to win cause my boss went there. And their mascot is the Wildcats and they are sooooo cuuuuuuuute. Plus my own alma mater tanked this year! D’oh!

Right? I’m ready for football (though it’s exhausting to be a Redskins fan these days. I can’t even SAY “Redskins” in a lot of places anymore).

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
      Le Chat Noir

I feel for you w/r/t “Redskins.” Just, yikes. Once upon a time in New Orleans, people were hysterical over naming the team “Saints” because it was blasphemous. They got over it, obviously, but it was apparently a big deal in the day.

But hey, looks like your boys are in the Final Four tonight? If they are, I’m pulling for ’em!

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

I just don’t even know what to say anymore. I’m afraid to wear the sixteen billion tons of gear I have out in public!

Oh man the last few games have been EXCITING. Gonna be crazy!

The Speckled Band
    Participant

No to basketball and football. I’m ready for baseball season! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Go Cincinnati Reds!

Roylott: You scoundrel, sir. I've heard of you before! You are Holmes the meddler, Holmes the busybody, Holmes the Scotland Yard Jack-in-office!

Holmes: [short burst of laughter] Your conversation really is most entertaining. If you would close the door, on your way out, as there is a decided draught.

Le Chat Noir
      Le Chat Noir

Ah, I have no baseball team to cheer on! I’ll support yer boys then. Kick ass, Reds!

The Speckled Band
        Participant

Opening Day is April 6th!
        Also, the Reds are the first professional baseball team and they always have the first opening game of the year. 🙂

Roylott: You scoundrel, sir. I've heard of you before! You are Holmes the meddler, Holmes the busybody, Holmes the Scotland Yard Jack-in-office!

Holmes: [short burst of laughter] Your conversation really is most entertaining. If you would close the door, on your way out, as there is a decided draught.

Le Chat Noir
          Le Chat Noir

Good gracious! I am always envious of baseball fans because y’all have such an awesomely long season. I feel like football starts and ends in about two weekends. So frustrating.

And I did not know those fun facts about the Reds! I can definitely get behind them as a matter of patriotism. 🙂

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

I’m so sorry about UK, SS. Sounds like the game was crazy. 🙁 And seriously, did fans need to go on a rampage after the upset? Come on, people. Grow up and behave.

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

I sincerely hate when college brats do stuff like this after they lose. Happens at OSU a lot. Destroy your own stuff, good job!! Idiots.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.