Menu Close

Dynamite and other publishers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar iamlostwithoutmyboswell 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Has anybody read the Dynamite series of comics? Or possibly the Victorian Undead series?

David H., I Am Lost Without My Boswell

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

Are these good? I have eyed them several times but not bought. Pretty much every time I go into a comic store. :/

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

I started reading the Dynamite series when it first came out a couple of years ago. I liked them, but I got off an issue, and then I lost my rhythm. I’ve been meaning to back order them in one fell swoop, but first I absolutely have to clean out my comic collection. I cannot bear to buy another box. My boxes take up a wall in my bedroom as it is.

I have not read the Victorian Undead series at all, but I totally would! I’ll basically pick up any Sherlock Holmes comic, just because I’m a collector. I didn’t jump on the zombie train as a rule, but I have read some that I liked a great deal. For example, I thoroughly enjoyed The New Deadwardians TP by Culbard, ING Reissue Edition (2013)
    — that was fun and interesting.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Le Chat Noir Le Chat Noir.

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

The most recent Holmes comic I have read is Watson and Holmes and I am in love with it. This is the best version of Watson as an Afghan war vet. Just so great, and some really unexpected things in it. Watson really is the star of the show, here, and it’s wonderful.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

I completely understand problem of too many boxes. I donated 4 short boxes to the theatre I was working for, and left about half a dozen at my mom’s place, and I STILL have 9 with me for just the current ongoing stuff I’m reading.

The Dynamite stuff has been good, the older one I still need to read is, “The Trial of Sherlock Holmes”, and I have issues for “Sherlock Holmes vs Harry Houdini” to get caught up on. Victorian Undead is a lot of fun, and I really liked the art style they were using. I got a copy of the trade for “Sherlock Holmes and the Vampires of London”, which was very amusing. I even have an issue of, “Sherlock Holmes Steam Detective” to read. Although the book I had forgotten to ask about was the Image comic “Moriarty”. If you haven’t read it, you really need to. It’s SO good, and I really want them to get a third arc done.

Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

Oooh, I just found this very interesting little thing: CLICK ME!

Quick TLDR: You can buy digital copies of “Sherlock Holmes: Moriarty Lives” 1-5 for a $1, and some of the proceeds go to CBLDF. The sale goes on for 10 days.

Dynamite Entertainment is proud to announce that Groupees LLC, a unique media and charity bundling site, will host – for the first time ever – a ten day comic book bundle promotion that allows fans and curious newcomers to purchase over 75 digital Dynamite comics and graphic novels with “Pay What You Want” purchasing power. A portion of proceeds will be contributed to one of the industry’s most important charitable organizations, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. The bundle promotion will run from Thursday, March 26, through the afternoon of Monday, April 6, on the website Groupees.com.

Through the Groupees program, customers can purchase a bundle of digital comic book and graphic novels for a price they decide. The first tier of exciting digital content is unlocked with the dollar minimum investment, but consumers can double their take by reaching the $5.00 second tier. Dynamite offers a highly desirable batch of comics at the third tier for a $10.00 minimum investment, including the bestselling Dynamite Art of Alex Ross art book.

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

I have that series, it wasn’t bad

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar