Menu Close

A Simple Call To Arms: Enough is Enough

Art in the Blood Forums General Discussion Art in the Blood.net A Simple Call To Arms: Enough is Enough

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Le Chat NoirLe Chat Noir

I had intended for my next post to be all about the 2016 BSI Weekend, but I believe other issues are a little more pressing. It seems as though there’
      [See the full post at: A Simple Call To Arms: Enough is Enough]

ScarletSherlockScarletSherlock

I cannot agree with this hard enough. I will gladly introduce myself to you and enjoy your company in person, but I expect you to respect my anonymity online. That’s what it is – a simple matter of respect. I have no intention of going into really personal details, but having been through extremely painful abuse and threats made to me in various ways, it is my right as a human being to protect my identity if I feel it necessary. And I do. Every single day. Despite growing up “pre-net” and really only getting into “fandom” and such in the mid-2000s, this continues to happen to me, personally, on a constant basis. Asking for simple respect from other people appears to be too much, sometimes, but wouldn’t that be wonderful? Live and let live.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.