AitB Forums Art in the Blood.net A Simple Call To Arms: Enough is Enough

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ScarletSherlock ScarletSherlock 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Le Chat Noir
    Le Chat Noir

I had intended for my next post to be all about the 2016 BSI Weekend, but I believe other issues are a little more pressing. It seems as though there’
    [See the full post at: A Simple Call To Arms: Enough is Enough]

“Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here.”

ScarletSherlock
    ScarletSherlock

I cannot agree with this hard enough. I will gladly introduce myself to you and enjoy your company in person, but I expect you to respect my anonymity online. That’s what it is – a simple matter of respect. I have no intention of going into really personal details, but having been through extremely painful abuse and threats made to me in various ways, it is my right as a human being to protect my identity if I feel it necessary. And I do. Every single day. Despite growing up “pre-net” and really only getting into “fandom” and such in the mid-2000s, this continues to happen to me, personally, on a constant basis. Asking for simple respect from other people appears to be too much, sometimes, but wouldn’t that be wonderful? Live and let live.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know." BLUE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.